Friday, January 25, 2013

Oh Doug. :)

Our wonderful pooch, Doug, provides us with an unending source of entertainment. I plan to record his escapades here for future reference. Here are a few funny things about our dog. 

  • His name is easily substituted with dog. 
  • He's an incredibly picky eater...unless it's people food. 
  • He made it quite plain that he doesn't eat in the morning. He only eats at dinnertime. 
  • He's afraid of cats. 
  • He might think he's a cat. 
  • He has a spot on the couch. It's in the middle. (Yes, he has weaseled his way into our house as well as into our hearts).
  • He loves Hogan's Heroes
  • He puts his paw on your knee and gives you puppy dog eyes to get you to pet him.
  • He likes to sit on people's feet.
  • He can and does open doors (We think with his teeth...we've never caught him!) 
  • He likes to eat toilet paper and ear plugs.
Boy does that dog have personality! When we first got him, he was an outdoor dog, but then he showed up in the living room one night (we thought we had forgotten and left the door open, but we later learned we hadn't). He was so good in the house, but I still didn't relent until one day he went missing. I was so worried about him that when he came home hurt I let him sleep inside. And there he stayed.

He has done a number of funny things during the time we have had him. When we first got him and he was still staying outside, he would vie for our attention all the time.

One day, he discovered that if he barked really loudly in the garage, I would come check on him (because he's a husky and they seldom bark, so I thought something was wrong). So he barked in the garage several times, and I checked on him. The next thing I know, he's barking at the back door. I opened it and patted his head, then went back to work. I hear him at the front door, then at the back again, then I finally realize that I'm falling for his scheme. Silly dog. :) 

Another funny story. We had a couple of guys working on our house when we weren't there. One of them had never met Doug before and didn't know about him. He didn't get the message about how to get into the house, so when he saw the garage door cracked for Doug to go to the bathroom, he thought he was supposed to crawl underneath. He got halfway under the door and came face to face with Doug. He spent the next 20 minutes hiding in his truck, waiting for Shane to get there because he thought we had a wolf in our garage

Since Josh and Doug got off on the wrong foot, I guess Doug didn't like him much, because, later, when Josh was getting ready to crawl under the house, Doug pushed Josh head first into the crawl space with both paws. We're pretty sure it was on purpose.

You never know what that dog is going to do next. 





No comments:

Post a Comment